This week saw the release of Adélie Linux 1.0-BETA3! We have spent the past weekend working on closing issues that the community has found, and we’re excited to have already made progress on many of them. Because of this, we are planning to release an official 1.0-BETA3 Update 1 later this month. We are also very excited to have been mentioned in last week’s issue of DistroWatch!
Top 5 referring sites to the Web site:
- 1816: DistroWatch
- 108: without-systemd.org
- 101: Google
- 33: Ungleich
- 29: This very blog
Top 5 pages accessed (and homepage):
- 3579: /
- 1149: /about.html
- 204: /about-qa.html
- 153: /announcements/
- 147: /team.html
- 98: /contribute.html
We reported and wrote a patch for Alpine bug #10532, which causes some Adélie Linux computers to fail to upgrade from one version to another. We hope a version of APK Tools with this patch will be released soon.
A. Wilcox (awilfox@):
- Fixed an issue with libwacom causing certain tablets to be incorrectly identified.
- Fixed multiple issue with xfce4-session that caused XFCE to not start or shut down correctly.
- Fixed Clang on 64-bit PowerPC and 32-bit Intel (PMMX).
- Updated Valgrind to 3.15.0, courtesy of a patch from Daniel Kolsea.
- Updated kernel configurations for all architectures for better hardware support and reliability.
- Updated java-common to ensure JAVA_HOME is always set when a JRE is installed.
- Fixed the default permissions of
/var/tmpon new installs.
Samuel Holland (smaeul@):
- Fixed issues in libffi for 64-bit PowerPC.
- Updated Rust to 1.35.0.
Max Rees (sroracle@):
- Updated WINE to version 4.0.1.
- Identified an issue with S-records generated by binutils on 64-bit PowerPC.
Kiyoshi Aman (aerdan@) added OpenRC support to SDDM.