This has been an exciting week for Adélie Linux. We have formally created an Infrastructure Team, responsible for managing our servers and network infrastructure. This will allow us to have a more holistic approach to tending to our server systems, and help ensure that administration is handled smoothly and cleanly. We have also added and updated many packages; read on for more about these developments.
Top 5 referring sites to the Web site:
- 110: DistroWatch
- 62: Google
- 35: Reddit
- 28: Repology
- 21: Ungleich blog
Top 5 pages accessed (and homepage):
- 1089: /
- 374: /about.html
- 133: /announcements/
- 82: /about-qa.html
- 51: /team.html
- 44: /contribute.html
Max Rees (sroracle@) has identified and fixed an important security bug in APK Tools that has been issued CVE-2019-12875.
A. Wilcox (awilfox@) updated the -mc patchset to 4.14.127, creating -mc14.
A. Wilcox (awilfox@):
- Updated 20 Perl modules to their current versions.
- Updated many packages to their current versions, including eudev, the Enchant spell check library, file system utilities, Git, OpenSSL, the Ruby programming language, the SASS web development package, Subversion, the VLC Media Player, Wacom tablet support, various KDE applications, and various X11 applications and drivers.
- Updated the POWER8 and POWER9 kernel package to the newest patchset.
- Updated the packaging for the Quaternion Matrix chat client.
- Fixed security issues in the Expat XML library and the libarchive
- Added experimental builds for the LMMS music creation package, and the Nim programming language. (Note: These packages are not yet available for Adélie Linux.)
Kiyoshi Aman (aerdan@):
- Fix installation of various fonts so that they are usable in all applications.
Luis Ressel (aranea@):
- Updated the nsd and Unbound DNS server packages.
Max Rees (sroracle@):
- Fixed security issues in many packages, including APK Tools, Cairo, cURL, CVS, the FLAC codec, Lua, Python, the PostgreSQL database system, and the TIFF image library.
Molly Miller (sysvinit@):
- Added the cbindgen package, a dependency of newer Firefox versions. This is also the very first Rust package for Adélie Linux!