We’re closing out the month of June with a plethora of new languages officially supported by the Adélie Linux system: Ada, COBOL, Erlang, and Rust! The Rust interpreter has been packaged for a while, but in the past week we’ve added multiple packages that are written in Rust. They run on all of our Tier 1 architectures, and we’re very excited to be the first musl-based distribution to have Rust on five CPUs.
This week has also seen our first Infrastructure Team meeting, which allowed us to identify what we need to work on going forward to ensure reliability of our mirrors, Web site, and Git repositories.
Top 5 referring sites to the Web site:
- 227: This very blog
- 103: Reddit
- 95: DistroWatch
- 75: Google
- 53: without-systemd.org
Top 5 pages accessed (and homepage):
- 1567: /
- 649: /about.html
- 174: /about-qa.html
- 149: /announcements/
- 54: /team.html
- 41: /contribute.html
A. Wilcox (awilfox@):
- Updated many packages to their current versions, including FLTK, GTK libraries, the Guile programming language, and the
- With smaeul, added the Ada programming language.
- With alyx, added the Erlang programming language.
- Fixed an issue with the
console-setuppackage, allowing non-US keyboard layouts to be utilised properly on Adélie Linux.
- Updated PCRE 2 to its newest version, which enabled much better performance on 64-bit PowerPC computers.
- Fixed an issue in Ghostscript that prevented most document viewers from opening .ps (PostScript) files.
- Fixed an issue in GRUB that prevented it from booting correctly in some configurations on 64-bit PowerPC computers.
Alyx Wolcott (alyx):
- Added the Erlang programming language (with awilfox@), and fixed issues with it on 32-bit x86 computers.
- Added the
musl-localespackage, providing the
locale(1)command and translation of months and day names into other languages.
Dan Theisen (djt@):
- Updated many packages to their current versions, including the BIND suite of DNS software, the DHCP client, the i3 window manager, LVM, the Nano text editor, the C shell, and various network utilities.
Kiyoshi Aman (aerdan@):
- Updated many packages to their current versions, including GTK+ 3.0, FeatherPad, IceWM, VIM, and WeeChat.
Laurent Bercot (skarnet@):
- Updated the s6 suite of utilities to their current versions.
- Added the s6-linux-init system.
Luis Ressell (aranea@):
- Added more targets to the LLVM package, allowing our LLVM package to build code for more different types of computers.
- Added better cryptography support to easy-kernel.
Max Rees (sroracle@):
- Added the COBOL programming language.
- Fixed a security issue in the PostgreSQL database system.
- Updated the Exiv2 image metadata library, the Poppler PDF library, and the
- Fixed an issue in WeeChat that prevented it from loading Python scripts.
Samuel Holland (smaeul):
- Added the
- With awilfox@, added the Ada programming language.
- Added Rust utilities ripgrep, xsv, and zola.